Meeting Schedule and Info
Board meetings are held on the 3rd Monday of each month in the High School Library. Please check the calendar on the district homepage for updated start times and other info.
* January 24th, 2022 - Regular Session
* February 28th, 2022 - Regular Session
* March 21st, 2022 - Regular Session
* April 18th, 2022 - Regular Session
* May 16th, 2022 - Regular Session
* June 20th, 2022 - Regular Session
* July 18, 2022 - Regular Session
* August 15th, 2022 - Regular Session
* September 19, 2022 - Regular Session
* October 17, 2022 - Regular Session
* November 21, 2022 - Regular Session
* December 19, 2022 - Regular Session
Contact The School Board
Dion Bredman | Chairperson | firstname.lastname@example.org
Jacob Thompson | Vice-Chair | email@example.com
Ryan Lindbom | Clerk | firstname.lastname@example.org
Marla Field | Treasurer | email@example.com
Crystal Henderson | firstname.lastname@example.org
David Herbranson | email@example.com
Andy Maier | firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Participation at Board Meetings
The Board of Education allows public participation at its meetings, but at the same time has the responsibility for conducting its business in an orderly fashion. The Chairperson will provide the audience with an opportunity to address the board at the beginning of the meeting. Each speaker will be allowed five minutes for his/her presentation. When there are a large number of speakers to be heard, the Board of Education may shorten the time.
Undue interruption or other interference with the orderly conduct of Board of Education business cannot be allowed. Defamatory or abusive remarks are always out of order. The Chairperson may terminate the speaker’s privilege of address if, after being called to order, he/she persists in improper conduct or remarks.
Members of the Board of Education and the Superintendent may question a speaker or make comments in response to the speaker’s remarks.
At a public meeting of the Board, no person shall orally initiate charges or complaints against individual employees of the district or challenge instructional materials used in the district. All complaints about staff or other issues shall be referred to the Superintendent for investigation and report.
Curriculum and Instruction - Dion Bredman, Marla Field, Crystal Henderson
Technology - Dion Bredman, Marla Field, Jacob Thompson
HS Site Council - Marla Field
Elem Site Council - Dion Bredman
Staff Development - Crystal Henderson
Continuing Education - Crystal Henderson
Wellness Committee - Dave Herbranson
Health & Safety - Dave Herbranson
Community Education - Crystal Henderson
Buildings and Grounds - Dave Herbranson, Jacob Thompson, Andrew Maier
Financial Committee - Dion Bredman, Ryan Lindbom, Andrew Maier
Policy & Public Relations - Dave Herbranson, Andrew Maier
Lake Agassiz Education - Marla Field
Region 1 - Ryan Lindbom
Clay County Collaborative, MREA, MSBA and Legislative Liaison - Marla Field
MSHSL - Ryan Lindbom
Employee Negotiation - Ryan Lindbom, Jacob Thompson
Meet and Confer - Marla Field, Crystal Henderson
Athletic Committee - Dave Herbranson, Ryan Lindbom, Jacob Thompson
School Board Member Code of Ethics
SCHOOL DISTRICT GOVERNANCE, POWERS AND DUTIES
1. SCHOOL BOARD MEMBER/SUPERINTENDENT LEADERSHIP TEAM GUIDELINES.
AS A MEMBER OF THE SCHOOL BOARD, I WILL:
1. Attend school board meetings.
2. Come to the meetings prepared for discussion of the agenda items.
3. Listen to the opinions and views of others (including, but not limited to, other school board
members, administration, staff, students, and community members).
4. Vote my conscience after informed discussion, unless I abstain because a conflict of interest exists.
5. Support the decision of the school board, even if my position concerning the issue was different.
6. Recognize the integrity of my predecessors and associates and appreciate their work.
7. Be primarily motivated by a desire to provide the best possible education for the students of my school district.
8. Inform myself about the proper duties and functions of a school board member.
IN PERFORMING THE PROPER DUTIES OF A SCHOOL BOARD MEMBER, I WILL:
1. Focus on education policy as much as possible.
2. Remember my responsibility is to set policy – not to implement policy.
3. Consider myself a trustee of public education and do my best to protect, conserve, and advance its progress.
4. Recognize that my responsibility, exercised through the actions of the school board as a whole, is to see that the schools are properly run – not to run them myself.
5. Work through the superintendent – not over or around the superintendent.
6. Delegate the implementation of school board decisions to the superintendent.
TO MAINTAIN RELATIONS WITH OTHER MEMBERS OF THE SCHOOL BOARD, I WILL:
1. Respect the rights of others to have and express opinions.
2. Recognize that authority rests with the school board in legal session – not with the individual
members of the school board except as authorized by law. Chapter 1(2)
3. Make no disparaging remarks, in or out of school board meetings, about other members of the school board or their opinions.
4. Keep an open mind about how I will vote on any proposition until the board has met and fully discussed the issue.
5. Make decisions by voting in school board meetings after all sides of debatable questions have
6. Insist that committees be appointed to serve only in an advisory capacity to the school board.
IN MEETING MY RESPONSIBILITIES TO MY COMMUNITY, I WILL:
1. Attempt to appraise and plan for both the present and future educational needs of the school
district and community.
2. Attempt to obtain adequate financial support for the school district’s programs.
3. Insist that business transactions of the school district be ethical and open.
4. Strive to uphold my responsibilities and accountability to the taxpayers in my school district.